I am constantly reading about the nonprofit industry - it’s kind of my job. And so, every month, I’d like to share some of my favorites with all of you. This month, as you might expect, I sensed kind of a theme in what I was reading: the end of 2017 and the beginning of 2017.
So I came up with this curated list of the best posts I have been reading from and about the world of fundraising dealing with 2017 tips and ideas for fundraising and nonprofits, 2017 resolutions for fundraising and nonprofits, and lessons learned in 2016.
Tips and Ideas for 2017
Blogs and news outlets focusing on the nonprofit and fundraising industry spent a lot of time coming up with all the best tips, ideas, and advice for their readers. Here are some great articles that walk you through this information and give you ideas on what to do this year:
- How Citizen-Powered Movements Will Lead Social Change in 2017
- 7 Ways to Make 2017 a Happy, Healthy Year for You and Your Nonprofit
- 6 Trends that Will Impact the Social Good Sector in 2017
- 4 Reasons Why Your Nonprofit Should Pay More Attention to LinkedIn Pages in 2017
- 5 Trends in Giving That Will Reshape Philanthropy in 2017
- 100+ Fundraising Blogs You Should Be Reading in 2017
- 65 Great Nonprofit Conferences in 2017
2017 Resolutions for Fundraising and Nonprofits
Now that you know what you should be doing and who you should be listening to in 2017, take some time to set yourself some realistic 2017 fundraising resolutions or goals. These links get you started:
- 3 Realistic Social Media Resolutions for Your Nonprofit
- 5 Nonprofit New Year’s Resolutions for Salesforce
- 17 New Year’s Resolutions for Nonprofits
- Generosity Fitness - a New Year’s Resolution for 2017
- 2017 Resolutions for the Nonprofit World
2016 Review for Nonprofits
While we are looking ahead to 2017, many writers instead decided to look back at 2016. After all, we learn what works and what doesn’t by looking to the past. These links take you to some great articles looking at the nonprofit and fundraising world in 2016:
- 2016 Year in Review (from Google Nonprofits)
- 17 Best Non-Profit, Charity WordPress Themes from 2016
- Preqin: Alternative Fundraising Down in 2016 Despite Uptick in Private Equity Capital
- The 2016 Gold Awards for Fundraising Excellences
- The 8 Most Popular Podcast Interviews We Published For Fundraisers In 2016
Of course, if you’ve read all those and want some more, then check out our own post on 2017 resolutions for fundraising.
Did I miss any? I’m sure I did. It’s really hard to catch everything. So if you know of a good one that you think should have been on the list, then let everyone know in the comments below. I know I’ll appreciate it. And I am sure everyone else who sees it will as well. Thanks ahead of time!
And if you want more ideas all year long, then sign up for our newsletter.