This is the time of year where we stop to smell the roses…and remind ourselves of all that we have for which to be thankful. I try to keep up with my thankfulness all year round by keeping a gratitude notebook, where I write in something I am thankful for every day. Then, I like to read back through it around this time to see how lucky I really am.
If you also spend this season thinking back on what has made your year great, then chances are you probably have at least one specific group of people on your gratitude list: your donors.
Donors are the lifeblood of nonprofits. They keep you going, support you, love you, and make your job a lot easier. It’s probably a no-brainer that you are thankful for them. But what are you going to do about it?
Sometimes it is hard to know just how to best show donor appreciation. You know you should, but how?
To (hopefully) help, I have taken some time to curate a few of my favorite articles on the subject. These great resources give you ideas on how to thank your donors, what to say in a thank-you email, and so much more.
Use them to make your life easier. (And if you want to thank me, well, I can think of a few ways to do it…)
Creative Ways to Thank Your Donors
- 4 Inspiring Nonprofit Year-End Thank You Videos
- Are You Acknowledging or Thanking Your Donors?
- These 12 Ways to Thank Donors Will Keep Them from Saying Goodbye
- Nine Clever Ways to Thank Your Donors
Special Thoughts on Writing Donor Thank You Notes
- 5 Thank You Letters Donors Will Love
- Steal This Thank You Letter! A Sample Thank You Letter for Your Nonprofit
- How to Craft a Killer Thank You Letter
- Examples of Email Thank You Letters
Special Thoughts on Thanking Donors Through Social Media
- 11 Easy and Inexpensive Ways to Thank Donors with Social Media
- 4 Ways to Use Social Media to Strengthen Donor Relations
- 10 Ways to Thank and Recognize Your Donors Using Social Media
- The Best Ways to Love Your Donors on Social Media
Everybody likes being thanked. Showing donor appreciation can make a huge difference when it comes to getting them to donate to your cause in the future.
If you want more help getting your fundraising higher than ever, as always, make sure to check out GiveSmart.
And finally: Have a great day, and thank you for reading!