It's that time again: no, not actually Christmas. Nope, I mean it is the time of month where I share with you all my favorite reads from this last month.
This month, I decided on a Christmas in July theme - duh! you probably figured out that from the title, right?
So here are some great articles I've been reading on getting the best gift-givers to draw your name in Secret Santa (attracting big donors), keeping yourself on your donor's nice list (proper donor communication), doing good (making sure you raise the money you need to support your mission), and the latest toys to add to your wish list (reviewing fundraising tools and programs).
Get Some Big Gifts This Giving Season
Who doesn't like getting big gifts? I mean, we appreciate every gift we gift we receive, but that trip to the Bahamas my parents got me for Christmas when I was 15 (the whole family went. They didn't send me alone, don't worry!) is one I am still talking about today - and not just in this post.
So how do you get big gifts? These articles give you some tips on getting started.
- Passion Boosting New Major Gifts (The Nonprofit Times)
- Any Nonprofit Can Rock Major Gifts with These 10 Secrets (Clairification)
- Cultivate Major Gift Donors with a Month by Month Plan (TopNonProfits)
Be on Their Nice List: Talking to Donors How They Want to Be Talked To
To get donors to keep coming back to you, you need to talk to them in their playing fields. This means using the communication channels they use and getting their attention in the way they will notice. It also means showing your appreciation when they do give.
- Study: Donors React to Direct Mail More Than Email (The NonProfit Times)
- How to Engage Everyday Instagram Influencers and Reach Millennial Donors (npENGAGE)
- 5 Ways to write a better first fundraising sentence (Future Fundraising Now)
- If you give donors a great experience, they will give more and give for longer (101Fundraising)
- Does "face-to-face" donor acquisition work? A look at the facts (Future Fundraising Now)
Do Good - by Raising a Lot of Money
When your fundraising is successful, you get a lot more opportunities to make the changes your organization was created to do. These articles give you tons of tips on better ways to fundraise so you have more money to do good with.
- Improving Fundraising Outcomes Requires Emotion Not Just Logic (npENGAGE)
- Meet the donors: Some 'who'd-have-thought-it?' insights from listening to a few real supporters (101Fundraising)
- 24 Nonprofit Resources for your Mid-Year Check In: A Smart Fundraiser’s Summer Reading Checklist (npENGAGE)
- 39 Ideas to Help You Rock Your Nonprofit Email Welcome Series (Kivi's Nonprofit Communications Blog)
Create a Fundraising Technology Wish List
We live in a world with a lot of cool stuff - and we get more and more of it all the time. So here are some great articles for you - all on techie topics, from AI to web design, and all about making your fundraising better.
- Tech Nonprofits Lead the Way in Creating AI Apps for Greater Good (Nonprofit Quarterly)
- The Must-Have Accessory for Your Monthly Giving Program (npENGAGE)
- Spruce Up Your Donation Pages (and Make More Money!) (Kivi's Nonprofit Communication Blog)
- Nonprofit Payment Processing: The Ins and Outs (The Fundraising Coach)
And for more tips, insights, and fundraising knowledge make sure to sign up for our newsletter.