February is the month of love, and that’s why this month’s roundup features all the greatest posts we could find on loving donors and strengthening your relationships with them.
Of course, if you really want to feel the love of charity, check out our own Valentine’s Day post: Online Tech and Fundraising - A Love Story. Or download our free e-book to learn how to host an amazing event that your guests are sure to love.
20 Posts from February You’re Bound to Love
Cupid doesn’t have to just strike for romance. These articles will tug on your heartstrings, and teach you how to love and cherish your donors.
Go From “We’re Dating” to “We’re in a Relationship”: Retain Donors
It is much more beneficial to court loyal givers (retain) than it is to go pick up new ones (acquire). These articles tell you how to do just that:
- Donor Retention vs. Donor Acquisition: What Research Shows About Overall Online Engagement (NPengage)
- Here’s How to Skillfully Upgrade Your Donors (Network for Good)
- How to Improve Your Donor Retention (Future Fundraising Now)
- 2016 Fundraising Effectiveness Donor Retention Supplement (Bloomerang)
- How to Improve Donor Retention with Social Media (The Balance)
Don’t Be Afraid to Express Your Love: Donor Appreciation
After all the love they give you, the least you can do is love them back. These writers give you ideas on how to show your donor’s appreciation (all year long):
- 15 Techniques Used by Top Nonprofits to Boost Donor Acquisition and Online Fundraising Results (NPengage)
- Twenty Ways to Show #DonorLove Every Day (Ignited Fundraising)
- Valentine’s Day? Donor Love? Be Over It… (UK Fundraising)
- Best Donor Appreciation Ideas (Northwest Nonprofit Notes)
- 2 Uncommon Ways to Show Appreciate Your Donors (Amy Einstein)
Make Love Last, Always Keep Improving: Tips and Strategies for Nonprofits
Just like sometimes you need some advice or counseling to keep your relationship strong (or to make it better than ever), it never hurts to get some help from the experts in order to keep your donation relationships strong. Here are some good reads to help:
- 8 Fundraising Tools to Watch in 2017 (NP Tech for Good)
- How’s Your Fundraising Pitch? (Philanthropy Daily)
- 5 Steps to Create a Highly Profitable Fundraising Plan in 2017 (Fired Up Fundraising)
- How a Fundraising Plan Can Save You From Bad Ideas (Network for Good)
- Four Big Donor Lessons from the Big Apple Circus (Nonprofit Quarterly)
Start a New Relationship: Nonprofit Thought Leaders, Blogs, and More You Should Be Following
Not everyone is relationship-ly completed on Valentine’s Day. If you are looking to start a new nonprofit romance, look at all these great thought leaders, blogs, podcasts, webinars, and even grad schools (which might hold your next employee) who might be available:
- 45 Nonprofit Experts Who Tweet Great Advice for Nonprofits (Wild Apricot)
- The Best Fundraising Blogs of 2017 (The Fundraising Digest)
- Best Nonprofit Podcasts (2017) (PlayerFM)
- 23 Free Nonprofit Webinars for March 2017 (Wild Apricot)
- Best Nonprofit Management Graduate Schools (US News and World Report)
‘Til March Do Us Part: The Wrap-Up
It takes a lot of work to build a strong relationship, but with good intentions and help from all these articles, you should be on your way to a good start.
Did I miss any good articles? If so, let me know in the comments.
Goodbye until March, Everybody!