September has been a crazy month, and it has included a lot of great reading. I feel like I have learned a lot about fundraising this month, and I wanted to share some of my favorite tips and advice from the experts with you guys.
Are you ready to further your education and make life a little bit easier for yourself when it comes to fundraising? Well, then sit back and see some of these great articles!
Celebrity Gossip: Who's Who at Fundraisers
Everybody loves seeing how the biggest celebrities spend their free time, and that is especially true when they are doing something good. Remember my tips on getting a celebrity to your event? Well, these fundraisers have done it, and here are the celebrity appearances to prove it.
- Blink-182's Mark Hoppus Sings Out for Animal Rights (Forbes)
- Hollywood Rallies for Harvey Relief Effort (CNN Entertainment)
- Celebs Raise Money for Autism Society at 2107 Ed Asner Celebrity Poker Tournament (GoodCelebrity)
- Days of Giving: Celebrities Join Forces with ABC, 'GMA' to Raise Over $15M for Hurricane Harvey Relief and Recovery Efforts (ABC News)
- J.J. Watt's Fundraiser for Hurricane Harvey Relief Surpasses $4 Million (Bleacher Report)
#GivingTuesday: It's Time to Start Preparing
#GivingTuesday isn't until November, but that doesn't mean you should wait to start planning for it. These articles help you get started.
- #GivingTuesday Ideas: 15 Resources to Plan Your Best Campaign Yet (GuideStar)
- How to Leverage Your Giving Tuesday Event as a Springboard for Year-End Fundraising (John Haydon)
- Crafting Your #GivingTuesday Content Strategy (Salesforce)
- 10 Simple Ways Nonprofits Can Prepare for a Successful #GivingTuesday (Julia Claire Social Marketing)
- Your #GivingTuesday Toolkit: How to Win with Strategy, Content, and Sterwardship (Campbell & Company)
Donor Relations: How to Manage Donors at Your Fundraising Events
Donor relations is incredibly important if you want to keep your donors coming back year after year giving bigger and bigger donations. That's where these great articles can help.
- How to Make a Donor Profile in 5 Easy Steps (npENGAGE)
- Three Steps to Getting Your Followers to Say "Yes!" (Kivi's Nonprofit Communications Blog)
- The Compelling Power of "Membership Cards" in Fundraising (Future Fundraising Now)
- Do Your Donors Know They're Making a Difference? (Future Fundraising Now)
Fundraising in General: Tips and Advice
Here are just some general tips and advice for you on the world of fundraising, especially looking at some specific kinds of fundraising, like email or phone.
- Simple Ways to Nail Email Fundraising Appeals (Fired-Up Fundraising with Gail Perry)
- Phone Fundraising: Upgrade Your Fundraising by Using the Telephone (Fired-Up Fundraising with Gail Perry)
- Millions Pledged to Harvey Relief as Rebuilding Starts (The Nonprofit Times)
- Reality Check on Nonprofit Marketing (Nonprofit Quarterly)
- 8 Reasons to Attend the Nonprofit Leadership Summit (Wild Woman Fundraising)
- Grassroots Campaigning: How to Use Online Channels to Build Offline Support (npENGAGE)
Some Final Thoughts
For more tips and advice on fundraising, especially fundraising technology, make sure you sign up for our blog.